Monday, May 2, 2016

As A Christian

     Hello Everyone! I finished my first AP book Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck in 1 week. WARNING: There a few spoilers in this post. It may seem like a long time for you guys since it's a really thin novel, but with all the homework I've had that week I wasn't able read 30 minutes everyday outside of class, but I think I read it in a pretty decent amount of time. This is the first book that made me cry because it was really sad and the story was very well written. I was able to fully absorb the content which is why I loved it so much.
     There was just one sentence form the book that really spoke to me while reading this novel because I could connect with it. "'Well, I never seen one guy take so much trouble for another guy'"(12).  In the story George and Lennie always traveled together because George took care of Lennie ever since he just a baby after his Aunt Clara died. George just couldn't left go of Lennie because he was so innocent and fragile. I connected with this quote because as a christian I believe Christ went through so much trouble for me and because of me. In a way, I'm like Lennie because I'm a really naive and weak person. So I know that there is always someone who I can look up to whenever I'm in distress and need someone to hold my hand while facing life's trials.
     I have started on my 2nd AP book which is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. I've only read the first few Pages so far, and it's pretty interesting. I don't the story plot but I from other friends that it was really intense. Hopefully I will be able to finish it by the end of this semester. Until next time! By! 

1 comment:

  1. Good goals recap! I like the quote you chose to discuss--George and Lennie are a couple of my favorite characters. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete