Sunday, February 21, 2016

Don't Forget The First Day of The Rest of Your Life

          Greetings my fello bloggers and blog readers! I have just recently finished reading The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer which is the sequal to A Child Called It. This book wasn't as horrifying as the first one was but it was just as good. During the past 2 weeks I was able to read 30 minutes per day outside of class. I hope to keep it up when I continue reading more books this 9 weeks. My next book that I plan to read is Lord of The Flies, and I'm totally hyped for another adventure!
         At the end of the 3rd chapter, Dave's life hits a turning point which displays a hint of hope for the readers. He had just won a court case in order for his mother to not have custody over him and was going to live with foster parents in a new home. What makes his climax in his life even more significant is when he says himself "I just don't to forget this first day of the rest of my life"(49)!This quote means so much more than it seems. The tone in the sentence alone can convey that he was so motivated to live life to the fullest because he knew that he wasn't an "It" anymore but was a real person with dignity who could make a difference in the world. I'm pretty sure Dave was being dead serious when he said this because EVERYTHING in his life was really going to change. I have a few cousins who have been adopted at an early age, but it just makes me feel really sad to know that most of my adopted cousins were held up for adoption because their parents didn't want them. Who knows what their parents could of done to them! This series has opened my eyes to the real world and has helped me understand the hard truth.

1 comment: